Home | Hello guest,
New Customer? About Us | Contact Us | Help Center
Trusted Guarantee Fast Shipping
Become Our Fan Follow Us Shopping Cart (0)

Oakley Men's S.I. Assault 8 Boot

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Oakley Men's S.I. Assault 8

Product Details

  • Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)

  • Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.

  • ASIN: B004REY38A

  • Item model number: SI Assault Boot 8 inches-M


Price : $184.95 - $185.00
Oakley Men's S.I. Assault 8

Product Description


Amazon.com Product Description
Get well-equipped for your next hike by adding the Oakley SI Assault boot to your arsenal. Unlike a traditional hiking boot, this athletically styled boot features a leather and textile upper for lightweight comfort and superior performance. A specially engineered outsole offers load-bearing stability and plenty of traction on wet surfaces. Measuring a generous 8”, this lace-up boot offers more leg protection than the standard hiking boot, and a combat-ready look bound to appeal to the survivalist in you.
Step up your urban operations in the S.I. Assault Boot 8 in for Men from Oakley. Tongue is gusseted to keep out debris. Polyurethane in the insole and midsole acts as a shock absorber. The synthetic polymer outsole provides multidirectional tread for strategic maneuvers.
See all Product Description

 

Oakley Men's S.I. Assault 8" Boot

 

Oakley Men's S.I. Assault 8

Customer Reviews


Like other reviews of this boot have said it is extremely comfortable, however it does have its faults. I have owned 3 pairs of these boots is both 8" and 6". These boots simply do not last long, they wear out very quickly. I wore through the interior heal of the last pair i had in approximately six months. These boots are not made in the USA unfortunately. The tan colored version issued to certain branches of the military are made in the USA, and I would guess that they are of better quality. In the past I have worn Danner, Rocky and Lowa. The reason I switched to Oakley was because I was able to purchase them at 80 dollars a pair, which is a huge saving over the 200 I was paying for the Danner boots. One thing I have learned about boots is you get what you pay for. I have switched back to my Danner boots due to their superior materials and durability.

I bought a pair of these boots a few years ago and they are by far the best boots I have owned. The version I have are full leather but the new ones appear to be an updated version of them. In a life of hiking, camping, and time in the Army, I have worn a number of different boots. These are the most comfortable by far. They are light but still strong and feel solid. I have worn some other "performance boots" but they felt more like a glorified sneaker than a boot. I need my boot to still work and feel like a boot, just lighter and more comfortable. These fit the bill. Yes, they are expensive but you get what you pay for typically.

 

Oakley Men's S.I. Assault 8" Boot

 

View

0 comments:

Post a Comment